Style inspirations by popular fashion designers
It was in 2010 when National Bingo Night hosted by Abhishek Bachchan was aired on television, and after a few episodes the exciting game show was unfortunately axed. For those who don’t remember, the show was interactive for home viewers as well as the studio audience; the studio contestant will play a round of 75-ball bingo, while viewers at home can cross out the winning numbers on their own cards. The show was participated in by renowned celebrity guests such as Amitabh Bachchan, Karan Johar, Shahrukh Khan, and Vindu Dara Singh.
Producers are mum as to why the show was cancelled, but one thing is for sure: we need another Bingo Night on television. The excitement that it brings coupled with the anticipation on the part of the whole nation who’s also waiting for numbers to be called out is an ideal concept. Of course, the next host must be as well-dressed as Abhishek. Otherwise he (or she) will be bashed by the fashion police on social media. For instance, popular gaming platform (which is also largely followed by thousands of UK-based users) Betfair Bingo’s Twitter, constantly tweets fashion faux pas—referring to a contestant of the talent show X-Factor, it tweeted that “The only shocking thing she could do is come out in a nice demure dress with understated make up and just normal things up”. If memory serves us right, AB Junior was dapper every time he graced the screen to host the show, donning exceptional pieces of eclectically mixed suits paired with shiny jeans—the next host should not be overshadowed by his fashionable reputation.
The latest trends in Bollywood fashion lean towards Diwali outfits, so these are the perfect clothes to wear on the next National Bingo Night. Here are the ideal pieces picked by popular fashion designers, courtesy of Bollywood fashion blog Miss Malini:
- Nikhil Thampi: elegantly glamorous black and yellow pre-stitched sari made with ethnic materials but with a modern twist
- Shehla Khan: lehenga in festive bright pink paired with embroidered tight blue pants which represents feminine grace
- Anupama Dayal: hand-printed chanderi sari with floral patterns offers a refreshing vibe
- Varun Bahl: embroidered lehenga in delicate silk with translucent layers, colored duck-egg blue and stunning yellow
- Urvashi Kaur: tunic worn as a dress paired with palazzo pants; accessorize with polki jewelry for full effect